- Health Information Systems
- Master Data Management
- Web Applications
- Real-Time Encounter Notification
- Analytical Services
Audacious Inquiry's current customer base includes state agencies and state-designated entities for HIE, federal agencies, hospitals and large integrated delivery networks (IDNs), national payers, as well as private-sector clients in the financial services, education, and non-profit sectors. Its project mix is weighted towards stable, long-term client relationships with some shorter-term, deliverable-based engagements.
Our track record of completing projects and providing high-quality deliverables on time and on budget is exemplary. The Ai team employs an overall management approach founded on processes defined in the internationally recognized and federal government-endorsed Project Management Institute (PMI) Body of Knowledge. This approach ensures that all required tasks are planned and completed according to schedule, budget, and to the highest professional standard as measured by predetermined and mutually understood performance standards, processes, and procedures. The number of critical software solutions that AI has developed or procured for its clients—and that continue to be relied upon—serves as strong evidence of the success and repeatability of our approach.
Read our case studies to learn more.
The Ai team boasts years of experience enabling change in the healthcare industry, having worked on a range of projects in multiple states with a wide array of objectives, technologies and stakeholders. This includes over four years of working to establish and enhance nationally renowed statewide health information exchanges like the Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (CRISP), in Maryland. Very few firms nationally offer a comparable level of experience designing and implementing statewide HIE programs.
Team members actively participate in federally-sponsored health IT policy and standards development bodies (HL7, HITSP, IHE, NHIN and NHIN Direct) and includes a co-author of the NHIN Exchange specifications and a founding architect of one of the market’s established HIE infrastructure providers. The team has designed and developed systems that work with data and transport interoperability standards using HL7, HIPAA (EDI), XDS.b, PIX/PDQ, and CCD.
Ai has verifiable past experience in the following areas:
- Health IT project and program management
- Health information exchange subject matter experts—strategy, infrastructure design, and deployment
- Health information systems interoperability, interfaces, message routing, and master patient indexes
- Patient engagement and personal health record system development; officially recognized Microsoft HealthVault™ consultant
- EHRs—technology implementation, clinical workflow mapping, and forms development
- Strategy formulation, stakeholder communication and workgroup facilitation
More broadly, Ai has a wealth of experience and knowhow in the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Systems Integration space, which will be valuable to the winning MERP team. AI team members have invested substantial time and effort designing and implementing system integration solutions using BizTalk Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for customers in healthcare, education, and government.
Visit the case studies section of our site to learn more about Ai's work in health information systems.
As an IBM Valued Plus Partners, Ai brings a wealth of IBM Initiate master data management, or MDM, consulting and implementation experience. Not only has Ai been the key drivers and implementers of Maryland's successful HIE's MDM implementation, the company has shown a wide breath of experience implementing MDM solutions across a wide range of projects. The AI team's expertise in implementing and consulting on MDM projects related to the healthcare, federal agencies and other private sector organizations is second only to IBM itself.
Ai's MDM expertise includes:
- Data analysis, data modeling and data architecture
- Systems integrations
- Enterprise architecture
- Initiate MDM implementation skills
- Senior software engineers - custom development
- Custom report generation skills
- Integrating MDM solutions into the enterprise
- Long term and short term technical support
- Project managers with specific MDM implementation skills and experience
Want the very best? The Ai team members' broad knowledge and experience within their specific industries allow for tailored, successful and expertise-driven solutions, throughout the MDM project lifecycle.
AI is currently offering the following services for IBM Initiate MDM implementations:
- Program and project management
- Pre-implementation data analysis
- Custom development tailored to business requirements
- Report development
- Application development
- User-interfaces, engine call outs (ECOs), monitoring solutions
- Implementation services
- Start to finish services provided with a team to deliver project management, implementation consulting, data analysis, process consulting
- Install base services
- IBM Initiate MDM upgrades
- Post go-live MDM system analysis
- Source integration
- Technical support/assistance
- Process and data governance consulting
Visit the case studies section of our site to learn more about Ai's work in master data management.
Audacious Inquiry uses available open-source and commercial products to facilitate the rapid development of modern web applications. We have verifiable past experience in completing complex projects within the federal government and the private sector. With more than a dozen web applications successfully deployed in the last four years, Ai believes that there are three primary drivers of a successful outcome: 1) the quality and comprehensiveness of the plan, including the detailing in advance of all known goals, requirements, risks, and dependencies; 2) the commitment and initiative of all members of the project team; and 3) the project management methodologies used to create a tight feedback loop among all project stakeholders, including but not limited to the contractor, the client, and end users.
The following are among our core competencies:
- Customer concept development, functional requirements gathering, technical specification development, and graphics design
- Standards-based development: .Net, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, DotNetNuke
- Integration with external scientific content databases and GIS mapping systems
- Mobile content syndication, Android operating system application development, and iPad development
- Training and transition services to fulltime staff for ongoing operations
- Customer engagement and web 2.0
- Transmission and storage of sensitive data and protected health information
- Federal government-specific requirements, including Section 508 compliance and agency- and department-wide technical and visual guidelines
Visit the case studies section of our site to learn more about Ai's work in web applications.
Do you lead a health information organization that is looking for new ways to monitize existing core infrastructure? Is your HIO grappling with sustainability after your ONC cooperative agreement funds are spent? Maybe your hospital system or IDN is seeking to better coordinate care, prevent readmissions, and achieve Meaningful Use. Audacious Inquiry can help -- watch our video to learn how.
ENS delivers real-time hospitalization alerts to support care coordination.
- Ai's Encounter Notification Service (ENS) delivers real-time ADT information about a patient’s medical services encounter, for instance at the time of hospitalization, to a permitted recipient with an existing relationship to the patient, such as a primary care provider
- ENS promotes care coordination and is a revenue-driving service for statewide HIEs and provider organizations such as ACOs, IDNs and hospital systems
- ENS is designed to integrate with existing ADT feeds and query-based HIE infrastructure
- ENS makes encounter notifications less expensive, more broadly available, and more consistent than most current notification services
ENS can deliver meaningful revenue to participating ambulatory practices by allowing them to systematically manager post-hospital care and capitalize on new Medicare Transitional Care Management (TCM) CPT codes. Practices and groups can estimate this revenue opportunity using the calculator below:
For more information about the Encounter Notification Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 892-5100.
Audacious Inquiry offers a range of analytical consulting services that, for many client engagements, are complementary to our other business lines. They include:
- Business intelligence and dashboarding
- Data mining and analysis, including of health care claims & clinical encounter data
- GIS analysis to enable visualization of hospital utilization and other critical decision-influencing data
- Patient attribution analysis leveraging master data management capability
- Pricing and customer lifetime value analysis to enable strategy formulation
Visit the case studies section of our site to learn more about Ai's work in analytical services.